Nutrition and Dietetics Program Educational Objectives
- To educate dieticians who have gained all the knowledge, skills and competences related to their profession.
- To educate dieticians who can adapt to individual and multidisciplinary studies to protect and improve individual and community health.
- To educate creative and researching dieticians who follow current, scientific and technological developments related to their profession and care about specialization.
- To educate dieticians who apply professional ethics throughout their working life by following the legal regulations.
Nutrition and Dietetics Program Outcomes
- Knows the chemical structures of nutrients and how human nutrition takes place in different conditions and uses appropriate sources for this.
- Uses the competencies of research in nutrition sciences.
- Knows nutritional requirements specific to child and adolescent period, performs the necessary action by analytically evaluating this information under individually and socially different conditions.
- Apply professional ethics and legal regulations within the framework of nutrition and diet counseling.
- Knows the nutritional requirements specific to pregnancy and lactation periods, performs the necessary action by analytically evaluating this information under individually and socially different conditions.
- Knows the health problems that require medical nutrition therapy in adulthood and performs the necessary action in these processes.
- Produces solutions for human nutrition problems and contributes to the development of plans and policies related to these problems.
- Communicate within or between the professions and apply the most appropriate and current techniques in multi-disciplinary studies.
- Assesses the nutritional status of the living environment and organizes activities aiming to improve the nutritional status when necessary.
- Improves himself/herself and creativity by following the developments in his / her profession or related technologies and takes the initiative when necessary.
- Knows the importance of the food service system on human health and applies total quality management in production processes.